Saturday 9 November 2013

The Dance

Hannah & Olivia



Music has always been a huge part of my life. Saying that Im not a big Country and Western fan but there is something incredibly special about the above song. I heard it for the first time quite a few years ago and even then I knew it was amazing and poignant.

Its Saturday night and im in the usual position (on the couch watching Strictly Come Dancing). A song that was danced to caused me to look through iTunes when I found it again.

Its all about love and loss and that even if they had known all about the pain and how it would end, they would have done it all again because, without it, theyd never have been able to experience 'The Dance'.

 
For me, the dance, was also just that. I remember dancing around the kitchen, holding my belly. Not that you were showing but I knew you were there. I imagined the day that I'd get to do this with one of you on each arm. I love dancing, even if i'm not very good at it. I wanted to share that passion with you both.

As well as dancing I love singing and imagined being able to sing lullabys to you. As i'm sure you would agree if you could that I sang my heart out to you both. It wasn't always out loud, but it was always heart felt. "Make you feel my love" was a favourite, again because the lyrics were so perfect. I wanted to protect you both, to make sure you knew youd always be safe and have a place with me. Please know I protected you as much as I could. I was careful with everything I did (the dancing wasn't too crazy). Nothing could have been done better to protect you.

Another was Richard Marx's 'Angels Lullaby' - it talks about being put on earth to be a parent. That's how I've always felt.

Your daddy and I loved you from the second we got a second line on the test. Even before we knew there were two to love of you. We love you still, so very much. It hurts every day. But neither of us would have missed 'the dance'

Love you always
Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment